Wednesday, October 24, 2012

An Athletes Story A Process Of Inner Conflict

Here is the story about an Olympic steady athlete who is training through usual for world competition, which they do all those years between the Olympic competitions. Butterfly can be of fragment juncture due to that doesnt matter in this story. They all requirement train diligently in focused sometimes - irritating practice all of the time pushing and enduring to their maximal. They constantly check their improvement. Maintaining their health in every possible way is a duty. They check their cooking nutrients and calorie intake constantly. They are pursuing excellence. They perpetuate forcible relentless concentration and ruthless indignation that overcomes all obstacles that could fence them from becoming their very best. The best they can be at their chosen tide.

So one day, well it was a slow creeping process, sis wakes out of rest and decides, Hey, I take Ill skip the tryout and practice today. Conceivably go out with my friends and relax. Maybe have some yummy junk food and have some fun like them. Im in such good shape it wont affect me very much. So she does this. All seems fine except for the tough day back at practice. It seems a bit tedious and her body lags a bit. The next week she decides, I miss that fun I had last week. It didnt put me out too much. I think Ill cut practice to four a week. I have lots of time to work on it later. I think also my diet is a bit unrealistic and too rigid. It doesnt need to be that way. I enjoyed eating that fun food. Ill probably burn it off anyway. So she does this.

After a few weeks her practice is reduced because she is not getting stronger and her event doesnt seem as thrilling. Well, its not long before her goals have changed. No longer is she near her personal best and definitely not world - class material.

As time continues to pass she has stopped competing. She likes to think back recalling her tremendous successes and in her secret thoughts she thinks of how great she still is, or might be. She begins to notice that when she stopped practicing her training to enjoy life the way other people do, she had actually enjoyed her years and days before a whole lot more. She begins to see that after that year she actually stopped doing a lot of other things too. She had started to believe that goals and standards dont mean that much anyway. Instead of trying to excel with small daily things and interests, it was now acceptable to do just whatever came up at the time

She looks back at those years now and doesnt break into smile about how great and exciting it was. She simply pouts a half - smile, her eyes staring off, her insides clenching. I could never be that woman today she muses. But then again, I am still that person right now, inside. I am still an achiever and want too be my personal best. Arent I?

I might not live that way on the outside and maybe my health isnt as good but thats not me! I know and isnt that all that matters? That stuffs not so important for anything is it? She stops herself from dwelling any further. Those were glory days when every waking moment was fired by desire and challenge. In the real world of today it was much more complicated something always came up.